ADMISSION CRITERIA IN NEW ZEALAND
International students who want to apply for Masters level course in New Zealand can follow these basic steps of process for admission in any university in New Zealand.
In New Zealand study consider here in the form of levels. Postgraduate degrees fall in 8 level of study in New Zealand for international students. There 1 to 10 levels of studies in New Zealand, 1 is for a certificate and 10 is for PhD degree.
Students must choose any course for study in New Zealand. After selection and research about the courses from many New Zealand universities, students must meet the eligibility criteria of institutions. There are some important documents require to apply for postgraduate level admission in New Zealand such as:
- All educational certificates attested copies
- Letter of reference from your last institute’s manager
- Statement of Purpose
- IELTS/TOEFL certificates
- Any project Portfolio
- Bank statement or funds to support your studies proof
Admission Application process
- Step 1: maximum research for institutions and courses
- Step 2: get complete information about university admission
- Step 3: make your institutions list short and find out the complete details of these universities.
- Step 4: take these test for admission in any New Zealand universities, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS
- Step 5: purpose of statement and reference letters require to apply for admission
- Step 6: submit your application according to criteria and your interested institute.
- Step 7: after complete these steps students must submit their Application fee. Application fee normally depend upon the universities and colleges.
What are the language requirements for international students to study in New Zealand?
In New Zealand universities, mostly universities taught the courses in English language. So, international students must have submit the English language proficiency skills certificate as per the English language requirement of that university in New Zealand.
Students belong to such countries, where English use as a second language, they must have English language proficiency certificates or enroll in university language courses for basic skills.
International students must have IELTS, TOEFL and IESOL test certificates to apply for admission in New Zealand universities.
How much money will I need during my Masters level studies in New Zealand?
International applicants, who have plan to study in New Zealand for Masters level degree program, they will have to bear the much cost and expense. Because New Zealand is included in the list of those countries which are quite expensive for international students to study.
International students who want to do postgraduate level degree will bear the cost around NZ$ 10,000 to 30,000. This is an average tuition fee for students to study in New Zealand. The study cost will increase according to your courses.
Students must have some extra fund in their banks for any medical reason you face in New Zealand. The expense of living is surely based on your living style and budget. The average cost of living in New Zealand is based on NZ$ 7,000 to 12,000 annually. Students who looking for private accommodation will bear some extra cost. Students must have maximum budget in their pocket before applying for study in New Zealand.
How & Where do I apply for my student visa?
- International students who coming to study in New Zealand for more than 3 moths can apply for student visa. There are some requirement to apply for New Zealand student visa such as:
- Recognized University acceptance letter
- Bank statement or funds to support your studies and living cost in new Zealand
- Medical insurance
- Guaranteeing letter has been arranged of suitable accommodation for under 18 year of students
- Good character police certificates required for over 17 year of students
- Good health certificates
For visa application students can visit the closet New Zealand immigration branch office. Visa application fee and other details will guide students by the immigration office.